- "Staying at a cabin, by a beautiful stream which leads into the river! Good fishing AND great nature!"
Cabin Buddies is the seventh and penultimate comic in Season 7 of Sibling Rivalries, and the 59th comic total.
The McReary-Wilson family spends the weekend in a cabin in the forest, but the Gonzales family just so happens to be their neighbors. Joel gives the siblings trouble as usual, but must then save them after one of his plans almost leads to them dying.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic (does not apply to Claude)
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appear in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary
- Derrick McReary
- Kate McReary
- Maureen McReary-Wilson
- Hector Wilson
- Adrian Wilson ♠ (appears in flashback and fantasy)
- Troy Wilson (appears in flashback and fantasy)
- Sam Wilson ♠ (appears in flashback and fantasy)
McReary Siblings' Friends
- Jose Gonzales
- Angel Chacon ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Salvador Ventura ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Eduardo T. ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Claude Tena ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Mark Sanders ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Steve Madison ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Salvador Martinez ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Tony Gonzales ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Jason Parker ♦ (appears in a fantasy)
- Joel Gonzales (antagonist for first half but reforms and ends comic as an ally)
- The original title was "Cabin Camping" during first days of work on the comic but was since changed.
- Second comic to prominently take place in the wilderness (specifically, the real-life Peshtigo River State Forest, at a fictional location where rentable cabins exist along the river), since the Season 1 comic "The Curse of the Milderbeast". The Milderbeast is also mentioned in this comic.
- This is also the first comic to not show the town of Green Bay in any scene, except for a fantasy in Joel's head showing the funeral of the siblings, presumably set in a Green Bay cemetary.
- This comic reveals how Joel will do anything he can to get rid of the McRearys except kill him, due to a fantasy he has of how killing them will make him be hated forever. This is ironic since he threatened to kill Packie and stuff his body into the locker in Season 1's Locker 239.
- After almost killing the McReary siblings by leaving them knocked out in the fishing boat headed into a waterfall to get drowned, Joel saves them and does not give them trouble for the rest of the comic. This is the fourth comic after Season 5's "A Christmas Story", Season 6's "Wisconsin's Greatest Hero" (non-canon), and earlier Season 7 comic "Packie The Prankster" to end with him as an ally.