Drew Christopher Brees is an American football quarterback for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL).
Description (from Wikipedia)
Brees had a successful college football career at Purdue University, becoming one of the most decorated players in Purdue and Big Ten Conference history. Brees set two NCAA records, 13 Big Ten Conference records, and 19 Purdue University records during his college career. He remains the Big Ten record-holder in several passing categories, including completions (1,026), attempts (1,678), and yards (11,792). Brees was chosen by the San Diego Chargers with the first pick in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft. Brees earned the starting job with the Chargers in 2002 and made the Pro Bowl in 2004. Nine months after suffering a dislocation in his right shoulder joint and a tear of the labrum and rotator cuff, Brees signed with the Saints as a free agent in 2006. He experienced immediate success in New Orleans, leading the Saints to their first-ever Super Bowl in Super Bowl XLIV and helping the team to a 31–17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
Since joining the Saints, Brees has led all NFL quarterbacks in touchdowns, passing yards, and 300-yard games. Brees holds NFL records for career pass completions, career completion percentage, career passing yards, and career touchdown passes. He is also second in regular season career pass attempts, third in regular season career passer rating and fourth in postseason career passer rating. In 2012, he broke Johnny Unitas's long-standing record of consecutive games with a touchdown pass. He has led the NFL in passing yards a record seven times and in passing touchdowns a record-tying four times. Brees has made the Pro Bowl 13 times, was the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year in 2004, was the Offensive Player of the Year in 2008 and 2011, and was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV. Sports Illustrated named Brees its 2010 Sportsman of the Year. Brees is regarded as one of the best pure passers in NFL history, and has been hailed as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
Sibling Rivalries Universe
Drew Brees is Gerald "Gerry" McReary‘s idol. Gerry is a big fan of him, and always finds ways to reference him throughout the series. He did meet his idol in Season 2 comic "A Day With Drew Brees" but exhausts him when he makes Brees sign his many footballs. In Season 7 comic "Dream On", Gerry is revealed to dream about himself playing football with Brees, Angel Chacon, and Jason Parker.
In Season 4 comic "Portrait of a Football Player", Gerry wins an autographed photo of Brees at a thrift shop, but donates his picture to the wall of his parents' cafe where it reappears from time to time.
- Drew Brees is the first real-life person to appear in Sibling Rivalries (although he looks nothing like his real-life counterpart in his first appearance). The next real-life person to appear is Eminem, who physically appears in "Not Afraid (Of Losing My Concert Tickets)".
- In "The McRearys' Halloween Special!", Gerry is dressed as Drew Brees for Halloween.
- He is incorrectly seen left-handed in the series, as he autographs a paper for Packie with his LEFT hand. The real-life Drew Brees is right-handed.
- Jason Parker is also a fan of Drew Brees. His trademark shirt is, in fact, a Drew Brees jersey.
- Non-chronologically, "Drew Brees" were the first ever words spoken out loud in the franchise, as Gerry had the first lines in "Hello, Wisconsin!" not counting Packie's narration in his thoughts.
- Gerry started mentioning Drew Brees less often from Season 4 on. In fact, Patrick Mahomes II may replace Brees as Gerry's favorite football player in the future.
|Sibling Rivalries Comics|
|Appeared||M = Mentioned||Absent||Unavailable|
|V = Off-'Screen' Voice||C = Cameo||F = Flashback||N = No lines|
- Sibling Rivalries Pre-Series
- Sibling Rivalries: Salvador Real's Adventures (mentioned only)
- Sibling Rivalries: Vancouver Stories (Drew Brees is never mentioned, but in this comic Jason Parker's trademark shirt is a Drew Brees jersey.)
- Sibling Rivalries Main Series
Drew Brees' only physical, canon appearance in the series was "A Day With Drew Brees". However, below are all of the comics that he is mentioned in, or other form of appearances:
- Season 1
- Season 2
- The McRearys' Halloween Special! (Gerry wears Drew Brees's uniform as his Halloween costume in this comic.)
- The Ballad of Anti-Cutecumber
- A Day With Drew Brees
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Portrait of a Football Player (the plot of the comic revolves around a picture of Drew Brees that Gerry and Packie want to buy.)
- One Tough Break-Up
- Season 5
- Trading Places
- Best Frenemies (the picture is in the background)
- ApRiL fOoLs DaY: wIsCoNsIn StYlE! (Gerry turns into Brees in one scene)
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Dream On (Drew appears as a real person in Gerry's dream)
- Torres and Tribulations (mentioned, and the picture appears)
- Fightin' Irish (brief cameo on TV as Gerry and his cousin Dillon watch football)
- Packie The Prankster (cameo on Gerry's "prized Drew Brees bowl" which he uses for cereal, only to realize Packie swapped it out with a fake rubber one)
- Season 8
- My Fair Slav-ee (Gerry cheers out "Yay, Drew Brees!" as he makes a jump while skateboarding)
- Opposite Day
- The Adventures of Brees Fan and Kin Packie (plot revolves around Gerry mad at Packie since Eminem cussed at Drew Brees in his song "The Adventures of Moon Man and Slim Shady")
- Season 9
- McReary TV (Gerry mentions Patrick Mahomes II is now his favorite football player, but says he still loves Drew Brees)